Software Developer | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Software Developer designs, develops and debugs application information systems. Applications varies in complexity and scope and are documented and stored in our GitHub repository.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy code in support of CMC’s custom software, systems and services.
- Maintain and update documentation in support of these systems.
- Able to implement a design with guidance from Senior developers and managers
- Work with teams of differing technical and non-technical backgrounds to facilitate resolution of complex issues related to systems used.
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Investigate new technologies & applications to support business development.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility & willingness to accept changes in priorities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 2-4 year degree in Programming or Computer Science preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Strong familiarity with Source Control (Git is preferred).
- Knowledge of software system integration and testing, including validations with strong attention to communication and data integrity.
- Competence to work independently, prepare, follow-through, and document and be accountable for achieving project plans.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Medium work: ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.