The Information We Collect and Use
Through your use of the Website, CMC Energy will collect personal information, which is information that identifies you directly or indirectly as outlined below.
Information Collected From You
As you use the Website, CMC Energy will collect personal information when you:
- Contact Us. When you sign up for our marketing communications, we collect, from you, your identifiers (name, telephone number (mobile and/or company), company name, email address), and anything you include in your message to us. We share this information with our third-party email marketing provider to facilitate the communication with you. We use this personal information to send you emails, calls and/or text messages regarding our general information and updates. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. You may opt-out of text messages by replying to any text message with the word “STOP.” Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Website or as requested by you.
- Refer a Friend. When you refer a friend through the Website, you must have permission from the friend to provide their information to us for us to send them communications regarding our services or the utility services of our partners. When you fill out the friend referral form, we will collect your identifiers (name, telephone number and email address), and the referred individual’s identifiers (name, telephone number, email address), and any comments or questions you decide to include in your submission. We will use this information to service to contact your friend regarding our services or the services of our partners.
- Schedule Online. When you schedule an appointment by clicking a link on the Website, we will collect from you, or through the third party with whom you directly schedule the appointment, your identifiers (last name, address, confirmation number, or account number (as selected by you)). We will use this information to facilitate the scheduling of the appointment.
CMC Energy may also use your personal information collected for the above purposes to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
Information Collected Automatically
Cookies and other trackers used on our Website include:
- ZoomInfo. We use ZoomInfo to identify you as a business lead for business-to-business sales, marketing, recruiting, or business development activities. ZoomInfo analyzes website header information and compares it with the information it maintains in its database to provide your name and business contact information so we may use it as a business lead. For more information regarding ZoomInfo’s privacy practices, please visit its Privacy Center.
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
How We Share Your Information
- Within CMC Energy. Where necessary, CMC Energy will share your personal information within CMC Energy in order to efficiently carry out business and to the extent permitted by law.
- With service providers. CMC Energy will share your personal information with service providers that perform services on CMC Energy’s behalf. These service providers include our IT support and security, email marketing provider, business lead generation provider, website hosting provider, client relationship management platform provider, and email provider.
- With Energy Providers. CMC Energy will share your personal information with your energy provider to assist with providing its services to you and to the energy provider.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that CMC Energy enters into, or intends to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of CMC Energy, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, CMC Energy would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
- For legal purposes. CMC Energy will share your personal information where legally required, in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
We Do Not Track
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
CMC Energy implements and maintains reasonable security measures, including access controls, to help protect the personal information that CMC Energy collects and maintains. However, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent malicious attacks to our systems 100% of the time.
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).