Innovation Manager | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Innovation Manager will lead CMC’s newly formed Innovation function and to:
- Assist in the creation of a compelling vision and strategy for innovation within CMC and successfully lead others in that direction.
- Help shape the culture and processes required for innovation to succeed, as well as provide resources to help others get better at it.
- Engage the organization in identifying opportunities for CMC to be Out in Front in our industry as technologies and services evolve.
- Oversee a portfolio of innovation initiatives and manage ideas through an innovation stage gate process. Implement the framework, tools, and processes to support a culture of innovation across the company.
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation.
- Fully define stage gate metrics and requirements. Scope and scale projects aligned with an approved process. Identify resource requirements to support the stage gate process and the requisite training for project leads. Coordinate with personnel assigned to lead innovation projects and assist as necessary with the achievement of stage gate milestones.
- Design and model solutions for product and service innovations using First Principles Thinking.
- Maintain confidentiality over the contents in the innovation pipeline including business cases, financials, intellectual property, and related proprietary company information.
- Categorize and maintain the database of innovation ideas that can be tracked and shared with select individuals in the organization.
- Source a repository and create a process to collect/receive innovation ideas. Create the template and communication processes to engage submitters and reviewers alike.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Customer Engagement, Marketing, internal account management, ideation teams, and Program Managers to document and assess new processes and services that maintain competitive position and afford competitive edge.
- Coordinate with innovation development groups to conduct insights as well as design outputs to their work.
- Manage and evaluate portfolio data and innovation pipeline assisting strategic decision-making and Go-to-Market process.
- Assist in business case development and present investments to the Senior Leadership Team and others, as necessary. Contribute and influence strategic direction for senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
- Design, research, develop, analyze and suggest new business concepts as well as strategies.
- Concurrently lead and direct different cross-functional programs and projects of varied sizes and types. Mindful to use assessment tool to prioritize timely and impactful projects over the source of the idea.
- Contribute and influence strategic direction for senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
- Coordinate with personnel assigned to lead innovation projects and assist as necessary with the achievement of stage gate milestones.
- Assist in the rollout of new products/services/process that result from acquisitions and strategic alliances as allowed across CMC.
- Exercise decision-making and independent judgment while being aligned with project teams and management.
- Ultimately assist in building a team to assist with research and analysis, and product development. Be responsible for the performance management of direct reports and the coaching, mentoring, succession planning, salary administration and overall talent management of the team in line with company values.
- Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree preferred. Backgrounds in science and technology preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in operating and P&L oversight with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 2+ years of experience in the energy sector. Passion for environmental sustainability a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in employing product development and innovation methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the energy industry and technologies inherent in the market and insight into business and technology in different industries and disciplines. The ability to quickly develop an in-depth knowledge about the business including the realities of how the practical day-to-day work and the related technologies function.
- Insight into future trends and technologies, business acumen, as well as leadership skills and analytical thinking. The ability to look at the world objectively- to observe and know what’s out there and what’s possible, and then putting the pieces together.
- Strong financial acumen including building out innovation investment proposals.
- Insanely curious, strategic and insightful thinker able to apply good judgment. Must have the intuitive ability to grasp the big picture of the business as well as the strategic implications of industry and technology trends and reconcile them with the immediate need to deliver projects that incrementally build toward future goals.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced work environment with a proven track record of working hand-in-hand with other leaders to achieve goals.
- Possess the mental toughness to overcome critique and failure.
- Familiarity with stage gate processes and tracking systems such as VIIMA, Trello, Microsoft Planner, and related innovation project tracking and reporting tools.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal ability with the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly language.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Able to successfully complete a background check, education verification, previous employment review and drug test to comply with company policies.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.