Field Operations Manager | Cranbury, NJ
The Field Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day oversight and direction of all field staff and activity, including energy assessments, measure installations, work by subcontractors and trade allies, and QA/QC, to ensure production procedures, timelines, schedules, goals, metrics and standards are being met in accordance with program guidelines. This individual works closely with the call center and will network with external clients to achieve program and customer service goals. This individual will also be responsible for approving work orders, monitoring the work of employees and training subcontractors as needed.
- Perform site-visits, audits and inspections on residential, commercial and/or multifamily buildings as needed. Ensure all work performed is in accordance with stated program guidelines, while maintaining same or next day business turn around for the resolution of customer issues both on-site and remotely. Act on-site to bring substandard measures and installations up to program standards when possible. Install program measures when needed.
- Assess work orders to assign crews appropriately to maximize crew utilization and collaborate with the Customer Care Department to coordinate crew schedules and to verify jobs are completed timely.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate records, photos and proper documentation of all field operation activities including recording and reporting metrics department wide as needed. Monitor and respond to inspection results in the program database.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program goals and grow the organization. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Responsible for the ordering and management of inventory materials and equipment to ensure that work can be completed timely. Responsible for the maintenance and storage of materials, equipment and vehicles for use by technicians.
- Maintain relationships with utility representatives and third-party inspectors for field inspections. When necessary, accompany third-party inspectors on on-site visits and mentoring sessions. Communicate and collaborate on a regular basis with external vendors and clients.
- Provide technical support as a subject matter expert to QA inspectors regarding program guidelines.
- Lead staff meetings to review current and changes for utility updates. Develop and provide training as needed.
- Participate in utility meetings monthly as required by location and provide any requested reporting / presentations on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. (or as requested)
- Observe QA inspectors on job sites, review internal inspection reports with inspectors as appropriate and audit completed detailed inspection reports as needed.
- Reinforce customer energy education on-site and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Travel from site to site post inspections throughout a designated area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree and industry related experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ prior supervisory experience preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ energy industry experience preferred.
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications as required by program and client guidelines.
- HERS, BPI QCI and BPI Multifamily certification a plus.
- Other certifications may be required by utility.
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency products and programs.
- Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary. Able to anticipate and prepare in advance for work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Although this position is based in one office, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Strong computer skills and an aptitude for learning new computer systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Light work: ability to exert in excess of 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
At CMC Energy, we are passionate about our vision of A more livable and sustainable planet for all. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money and to make the buildings we live and work in more comfortable and more efficient.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about our story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.