Energy Advisor II | Chicago, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Energy Advisor II is responsible for acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs by recommending specific energy modifications to commercial and industrial facilities. This individual will provide expert advice, technical expertise and coordination for the programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating industrial customers and contractors.
- Promote utility programs to commercial and industrial facilities within assigned territories, by providing technical support to utility’s industrial customers who are considering the installation of energy efficient equipment.
- Understand and implement program sales processes, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers, schedule and perform assessments and facilitate program presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service by helping customers through the utility process and engage in conversations regarding energy usage.
- Work with customers to complete the program application and gather necessary documentation needed for participation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion.
- Coordinate and manage projects including contractors, permitting, and other items as necessary for each project to completion.
- Perform on-site industrial grade energy assessments identifying cost-effective energy efficiency measures eligible for incentives and process through identified tools and databases to provide scopes of work.
- Develop impactful outreach tactics to assist in recruiting customers and trade allies.
- Achieve assigned program goals, targets and objectives.
- Assist in forecasting and planning for future program goals and objectives.
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Attend networking events, meetings, and seminars as requested.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering or environmental degree preferred.
- 3-5 years in energy conservation, industrial consultative sales or a combination of professional experience and education.
- Working knowledge of industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.