Chief Innovation Officer | Fort Washington, PA
The Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) will provide technology vision and leadership as a member of CMC’s Senior Leadership Team. The CIO leads strategic planning, oversees implementation and maintenance of the information technology and data security, and works closely with business leaders across the company to support innovation and growth at CMC. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems, infrastructure, and cloud management activities. This includes leading organizational-wide efforts to implement cost beneficial enterprise-wide technology solutions that will drive customer engagement by embracing data driven, customer tailored technologies and introducing innovation to the way CMC operates through automation.
This role reports to the CEO and is responsible for building and managing a highly motivated, high functioning technology team.
The individual in this role will be both visionary and pragmatic, must have strong technical and business acumen, be an effective communicator and business partner, and possess the ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly collaborative work environment. This position requires broad technology experience in strategy, innovation, and delivery, ranging from software development and architecture, to infrastructure, quality assurance and cyber/information security and data privacy. This individual will also be responsible for developing and delivering processes, services and products that will transform the CMC Client/Customer Experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be accountable for developing and executing a long-term, multi-year strategy for the IT organization in line with the company’s overall strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Create strong partnerships with business leaders to understand business needs and identify opportunities for innovation, and drive adoption of new technologies. Critical partnerships will include the CMC Innovation Team, as well as the Customer Call Center/Experience Team, business operations as well as the Finance Organization.
- Identify opportunities for cost-beneficial investment in IT systems, organize work and mobilize resources against key priorities and be accountable for outcomes.
- Provide technology updates and performance metrics and presents business cases for technology investments to the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Have direct financial and operational accountability for the technology operating and capital budgets including developing a business case, identifying the benefits of IT spending initiatives and articulating the impact on the competitiveness and profitability of the company and its various programs and service offerings.
- Interact with utility clients to support business development and identify ways in which CMC can leverage data to improve customer experience, grow market share and improve profitability through the use of predictive and prescriptive analytics, and ultimately artificial intelligence.
- Be accountable for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and maintainability of technology systems to support company growth.
- Ensure successful implementation and delivery of solutions based on commitments related to time, scope, and financial commitments.
- Employ solid risk and security management practices and good judgement in delivering business solutions ensuring adherence to regulatory and client, compliance requirements and confidentiality policies.
- Develop a highly motivated team of architects, software developers, technology solution and network support, quality assurance, security professionals and partners. Be responsible for the performance management of direct reports and the coaching, mentoring, succession planning, salary administration and overall talent management of the team in line with company values.
- Analyze industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the company, introducing new technologies that would enhance our business.
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and implement solutions for ongoing improvement.
- Initiate and foster relationships with technology vendors and support business leaders in managing the technology aspects of key business partner and client relations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields is required; MS or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology leadership experience required with a minimum of 5+ years managing high functioning technology teams.
- Experience providing IT services within the energy services industry is a plus but not required.
- Experience with SalesForce.com is a plus but not required.
- Experience with conducting customer interactions.
- Dynamic, seasoned leader with proven experience in delivering IT technology solutions and directing IT operations, including strategic planning and execution.
- Prior Executive Committee and Board experience required.
- Strategic and insightful thinker able to apply good judgment. Must have the intuitive ability to grasp the big picture of the business as well as the strategic implications of industry and technology trends and reconcile them with the immediate need to deliver projects that incrementally build toward future goals.
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high-performing technology teams with strong results orientation.
- Promotes collaboration, accountability, respect, and empowerment and provides ongoing coaching and development to employees.
- Strong financial acumen including budget management, forecasting, building out technology investment proposals.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced work environment with a proven track record of working hand-in-hand with other leaders to achieve goals.
- Effective partner and vendor negotiation and management experience required. Direct experience in managing intellectual property related to technology and different licensing and pricing structures.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to IT.
- Familiarity with ITIL or an equivalent service delivery methodology.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal ability with the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly language.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Solid experience with CRM technology and other enterprise software applications, data processing, hardware platforms, and cloud computing.
- Able to successfully complete a background check, education verification, previous employment review and drug test to comply with company policies.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
"*" indicates required fields
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.