Controller | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Controller is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Controller also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management. This position is directly responsible for leading the accounting team and for accounting controls within the organization.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximize return and limit risk on assets by closely monitoring cash, investment and inventory balances.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data. Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations.
- Arrange for audits as required and appropriate.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct analysis to facilitate forecasts and report to leadership team.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Manage budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program and company organizational goals. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure Company is properly registered and licensed to do business in each state and jurisdiction required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or Finance required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Accounting Field.
- 5 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Leadership on all topics related to finance, including establishing and meeting quarterly and annual objectives.
- Expert knowledge of risk management, insurance, state and federal accounting and tax compliance best practices.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Strong communication, presentation, training, business acumen and analytical skills required.
- Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior management experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, accounting and payroll software.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.