Senior Accountant | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Senior Accountant maintains primary responsibility for the general ledger and the month-end close. This position will work with the Controller to oversee accounts receivable, license renewals, and inventory. This position also performs analysis, reconciliations, month-end closing procedures and reporting on all General Ledger accounts.
- Accounts Receivable
- Work with program teams to extend credit or recommend financing options.
- Manage billing function in accordance with customer contracts
- Support cash receipt application though customers
- Reconcile accounts receivable invoices and other cash flow document and information.
- Reconcile general ledger and accounts receivable subledger.
- Manage bi-weekly accounts receivable aging reporting and analysis.
- Purchasing/Inventory/Vendor Management
- Manage vendor credit applications.
- Oversee/manage the inventory pricing, physical count process and general ledger reconciliation/accounting for usage.
- Partner with CMC’s Operations department personnel for vendor selection, unit price monitoring, and part and procurement changes.
- Train employees on the purchasing processes.
- Licenses and Registrations
- Manage business and operating licenses and registrations including annual renewals
- General Ledger/ Financial Statements
- Prepare and review revenue, expenses, invoices, and other accounting/accrual entries as required.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness. Perform accounting analysis to identify anomalies and ensure utmost accuracy.
- Maintain sub ledger accounts and needed data tracking to reconcile and explain the general ledger for management decision making.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Assist in overseeing fiscal activities ensuring the accurate and timely processing of revenue, accounts receivables and inventory.
- Assist with the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring accounting staff to ensure the corporate accounting department is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program and company organizational goals.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Accounting or finance major preferred.
- CPA a plus.
- 5+ years in accounting environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- General ledger experience required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of Great Plains and SalesForce a plus.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, sound business practices, and good record keeping methodologies.
- Ability to analyze financial data, statements and projections. Proactive analysis and suggestions for continuous process improvements and efficiencies is expected.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Strong analytical, organizational, administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Knowledge, practical experience and competency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (PowerPoint a plus). Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.