Quality Assurance Manager | Cranbury, NJ
The Quality Assurance Manager monitors, quantifies and takes deliberate action to improve the quality of work performed by technicians, subcontractors and weatherization technicians for projects serviced out of the local office. This individual provides technical support, clarification of standards and methods and provides direction to quality control specialists, subcontractors and office staff, and ensures that all quality control key performance indicators and quotas are met.
- Act as primary contact for third-party evaluators, providing documentation, reports and presence during on-site visits as needed. Serve as a liaison with external parties for all matters related to quality control.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program goals and grow the organization. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work.
- Act as primary contact for subcontractors, providing feedback, approval and coaching during calls and on-site visits as needed.
- Communicate weekly with subcontractors to discuss work performance, production and make suggestions for improvement. Provide scorecards with meaningful and actionable data to all subcontractors.
- Train, coach and mentor quality control specialists, auditor and weatherization technicians as requested by field supervisors or as directed by management.
- Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Implement and facilitate weekly Quality Control training segments for program supervisors. Maintain rotating presence between field staff meetings.
- Create, analyze and distribute weekly reports for completed inspections and results as required. Provide qualitative and actionable information for program operations to guide and improve program results.
- Lead a staff that will successfully perform thorough inspections of work completed to identify missed opportunities and develop actionable reports for corrective action plans to exceed quality standards. Ensure the required minimum numbers of on-site inspections are performed for each program and that all quality standards are met for each type of service inspected.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all quality control activities including recording and reporting inspection metrics department wide. Ensures compliance from subcontractors.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for quality control, safety and reliability. Provide regular updates and recommendations for process documentation in consultation with Senior Program Manager. Propose new ideas for process improvement to quality.
- Continue to acquire benchmarking technical knowledge and stay current on latest program initiatives, policies, procedures and local code requirements. Develop advanced technical knowledge in energy efficiency and building science that allows position to be seen as a subject matter expert.
- Develop training materials and deliver education to both field and office-based staff to improve overall service delivery of programs.
- Meet regularly with Associate Program Managers and program leadership team to discuss work performance, project status and procedural changes.
- Investigate, document and resolve high priority customer service issues both on-site and remotely, as directed by the Senior Program Manager.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other office-based support staff when appropriate.
- Provide quality control services to other energy programs and business units at CMC as directed by the program leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- S in engineering, sustainability or other scientific field preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- 5-8 years’ experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
- BPI Building Analyst certification required.
- BPI Envelope certification required.
- BPI Multifamily certification highly preferred.
- Other certifications may be required by utility.
- Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Training curriculum development experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Leadership on all topics related to program data, including the ability to obtain consensus, approval and manage projects through to implementation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 25 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
At CMC Energy, we are passionate about our vision of A more livable and sustainable planet for all. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money and to make the buildings we live and work in more comfortable and more efficient.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about our story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.