QC Specialist II | Chicago, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Quality Control Specialist II will ensure that energy efficiency work completed by trade allies and in-house staff meets or exceeds expectations, goals and program requirements for utility-sponsored programs. This individual’s main focus will be on-site inspections of projects completed for commercial and industrial customers of gas utilities.
- Schedule and conduct on-site inspections at commercial, industrial and multifamily properties to verify that projects submitted for utility incentives comply with utility program requirements. Work to be inspected may include, but not be limited to, steam traps, steam pipe insulation, domestic hot water tank insulation, space heating steam boilers, central steam boiler controls, boiler tune-ups and gas-fired water heaters.
- Perform single-family and multifamily residential inspections if needed to help the QC team meet production goals for the programs.
- Provide timely, complete and accurate reporting of inspection findings and observations using forms, systems and procedures specified for the QC team.
- Prepare activity reports as required.
- Assist the QC supervisor in identifying opportunities to improve the QC operations, the performance of those delivering program services, and the satisfaction of customers participating in the utility programs.
- Communicate promptly with program managers on any issues requiring urgent action.
- Prepare and participate as needed in training of and presentations to in-house staff and trade allies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more professional certifications: Certified Energy Manager, LEED AP, Professional Engineer, Engineer in Training or BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional.
- Two or more years of work experience in or with facilities management; HVAC design or sales; steam systems; gas-fired commercial and industrial equipment; or conservation and energy management.
- Strong organization, time-management and analytical skills. The specialist will need to be a self-starter with the ability to navigate information systems, quickly assess project documentation, arrange daily schedules, and adjust priorities as needed to remain productive and achieve production goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and respectfully, in speech and writing, with program participants, in-house staff and managers; trade allies; and clients. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success working as part of a team and adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office. Good working knowledge of spreadsheet and word-processing applications and ability to master additional information management tools as needed.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.