QA Inspector III | Chicago, IL
The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for on-site and desktop reviews of services provided in a broad range of energy efficiency programs for commercial, residential and industrial customers. The inspector will provide observations and recommendations with the goal of continually improving each program. The inspector will play a key role on a QA/QC team dedicated to ensuring that each program delivers excellent service and an outstanding customer experience.
1. Perform inspections before and after efficiency upgrades have been provided to utility customers in residential, commercial and industrial locations throughout northern Illinois.
2. Verify and evaluate the work performed and report findings and recommendations. The work will involve data collection both electronically and on paper and data entry in various electronic program-management systems.
3. Identify missed opportunities, additional opportunities, work performed without benefit and other quality concerns, and develop corrective action plans.
4. Verify that program implementers comply with program requirements.
5. Perform virtual or desktop reviews of program documentation and processes.
6. Assist with the investigation and resolution of customer service issues.
7. Assist with the training of program personnel to improve program delivery and customer satisfaction.
8. Interact with contractors, vendors, residents and business owners and operators during the performance of job duties.
9. Manage company issued equipment.
10. Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Certifications as required by program and client guidelines.
3. 2-4 years’ prior energy efficiency expertise or equivalent relevant experience.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
7. Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
8. Ability to work and make decisions independently and to apply knowledge and skills to new situations as needed.
9. Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately, in both speech and writing, with customers, colleagues, trade allies, managers and clients.
10. Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
11. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
12. Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
1. Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
2. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
3. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
4. Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
5. Heavy work: ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
1. Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
2. Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or inadequate ventilation.
3. Sufficient noise where the employee may need to shout.
4. Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
5. Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.