Proposal Specialist | Ft. Washington, PA
At CMC Energy, we are passionate about our vision of A more livable and sustainable planet for all. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money and to make the buildings we live and work in more comfortable and more efficient.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about our story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Proposal Specialist will contribute to the creation of all RFP requests fielded by CMC Energy. This position will report to the Senior Business Development Manager and also have a dotted line responsibility to the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Assist in development of proposals and/or other documents describing CMC Energy’s products and services in responses to RFPs, including writing and editing, market research, data compilation, organizational chart development and spreadsheet construction.
- Ensure all RFP/Proposal responses are submitted on time by demonstrating a sense of urgency and initiative while at times working on tight deadlines.
- Routinely interact with and gather information from multiple internal departments in response to RFP’s or general client requests for information.
- Utilize core messaging, product positioning content and other materials to creatively develop and write compelling answers to the questions asked in the proposal.
- Assist in preparing presentations for RFP responses.
- Develop proficiency in the various RFP response portals used by utilities throughout the nation.
- Maintain RFP tracker and success log.
- Regularly maintain all proposal content in an archive.
- Develop best practices for RFP responses and participate in professional organizations to enhance skills.
- Support tradeshow and other industry event sponsorships.
- Develop utility and energy industry expertise.
- Assist in the creation of social media content for corporate accounts, as time permits.
- Assist in the creation and output of marketing materials, as time permits.
- Assist in maintaining CMC marketing contacts database, as time permits.
- Conduct market research in the energy efficiency and conservation field.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing or Business.
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating/responding to RFP/RFI documents or technical writing.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Well-versed in the 4 C’s of copy editing: clarity, coherency, consistency and correctness.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and produce high-quality results with attention to detail.
- Experience working under tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the wiliness to collaborate with others.
- Interest in energy, environment or sustainability preferred.
- Although this position is based in the PA office, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.