Outreach Associate | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Outreach Associate will be responsible for conducting outreach to the community in support of energy efficiency programs. This individual will be acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs, to build awareness and maximize participation in the programs. They will also provide program support.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating business customers and contractors.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to building owners/operators, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and other trade allies participating in client-sponsored energy efficiency programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Recruit, train and educate affiliated customers to identify projects qualifying for utility programs and instruct them on the process.
- Work with customers to complete the program application and gather necessary documentation needed for participation.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Work directly with utility key account representatives to drive program awareness and participation through utility managed accounts.
- Tracking and managing outreach activities with leads and opportunities within the program system.
- Using remote energy audit reports to drive energy saving conversations and program applications with target customers.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the building energy industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy consultants, builders, public officials, public interest groups, building owners and utility customers.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management, Business) or related trade experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the energy sector, or an engineering degree.
- 1-2 years of sales and business development experience.
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED or other industry certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of building science and energy systems preferred.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and US policies for energy efficiency preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle required. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.