Midwest Market Development Manager | Chicago, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Midwest Market Development Manager will lead the development of growth strategy, business expansion and competitive analysis for CMC’s midwestern territory. This position will be responsible for utility client and partner relationship management and building a midwestern regional portfolio of growth options for the company through RFP channel tracking, partnering and creating and cultivating new business opportunities.
This individual will be based in CMC’s Chicago office and responsible for a territory that includes Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Missouri among other Midwest states as opportunities emerge. The Market Development Manager will also support existing operations as needed for account management.
- Lead the creation of Midwest growth strategy and goals with support of CMC’s Senior Business Development Director and Leadership Team.
- Establish new business opportunities for energy efficiency contracts with midwestern-based utilities, government agencies or other energy services accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and consultative- selling techniques.
- Establish contracting influences, budgets, RFP timing and scope and refine purchasing criteria for utility clients, both new and existing.
- Develop and maintain a regional sales opportunity pipeline; actively manage a prospect pipeline in the company’s CRM, updating status, projected budgets, probability of award, other key elements to ensure proper priority setting and management visibility.
- Understand utility customer long-term strategic business needs, and increase level of CMC’s contacts within utility organizations to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Attend state utility commission and other stakeholder meetings and advise management on current and future energy policy outlook.
- Participate at regional and national energy conferences. Conduct trade group presentations and represent company in the broader energy efficiency industry.
- Participate in the regional forecasting process and be accountable to the accuracy of contract renewals and RFP timing.
- Provide regular reports on territory and client contact activity to Senior Business Development Director. Maintain and present accurate/current information in customer tracking tools relationship management system (CRM).
- Ensure a seamless transition of client/contract responsibility to the operational team following a successful contract award.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent energy-related sales or marketing experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in energy efficiency, conservation or sustainability industries required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to create and manage complex proposal documents.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and other presentation
- Able to maintain consistent customer follow up and manage multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, including the ability to prioritize and communicate resource needs
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to work independently. Up to 50% travel required within the covered
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Contact: Matthew Rineer, Recruiter at 215-540-5800 x 1002 or email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.