Lead Weatherization Technician | Cranbury, NJ
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Lead Weatherization Technician is responsible for health and safety walk through, test in and test out procedures, quality control, project oversight and implementation, inventory management, vehicle maintenance and associated record keeping. This individual is also responsible for the performing the duties of a weatherization technician.
- Install Weatherization program measures such as:
- Window and door weather stripping.
- Aerosol foam sealant.
- Door sweeps.
- Window and door caulking.
- Rim joist insulation.
- Water heater insulation jacket.
- Water heater pipe insulation.
- Furnace filter.
- Space heating pipe and duct insulation.
- Incidental repairs.
- Blower door guided air sealing.
- Knee wall.
- Attic hatch insulation.
- Blown and batt insulation.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and CSC safety procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Complete health and safety walk throughs as well as test in and test out procedures.
- Orchestrate and monitor the implementation of comprehensive weatherization workscopes.
- Assign individual tasks to weatherization installers, ensuring proper execution, project completeness, and program compliance.
- Responsible for inventory management and vehicle maintenance as needed by program.
- Perform blower door and combustion efficiency testing.
- Handle job site clean-up.
- Install or repair windows and/or doors.
- Make minor repairs and perform carpentry work as required.
- Perform other installations or repairs as called for by supervisor.
- Use hand tools or power tools in a prescribed, safe manner when installing materials and repairing structures.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with industry and program specifications.
- Assist with training needs as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years weatherization experience preferred.
- BPI certification.
- Other certifications may be required by utility.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools.
- A desire to learn and apply advanced weatherization techniques.
- Must be able to safely access and work in constricted spaces.
- Basic knowledge of the construction of residential dwellings and housing types.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, standing, walking, typing, talking, and hearing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment, operating motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment and to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Heavy work: ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or inadequate ventilation.
- Sufficient noise where the employee may need to shout.
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
- Frequent close quarters such as narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.