Human Resources Generalist | Ft. Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Human Resources Generalist will work closely with the Sr. HR Generalist and HR Manager to perform HR-related duties on a professional level. This individual will be responsible for overseeing full-cycle recruiting, employee relations, training and development and performance management.
- Oversee the full-cycle recruitment process for the temporary, non-exempt and exempt workforce including: candidate screening, scheduling and conducting interviews, candidate selection, reference checking, preparing employment offers, overseeing the background check and drug screening process and administering new-hire onboarding and orientation.
- Counsel supervisors and managers on employee relations matters.
- Conduct fair and equitable employment investigations.
- Participate in employee relations meetings and conduct exit interviews.
- Provide performance management guidance to supervisors and managers.
- Represent CMC at Unemployment hearings.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure organization’s compliance and risk management.
- Conduct employee trainings and “brown bag” sessions for employee education as needed or requested.
- Develop, manage and track progress of a supervisor training program focused on acclimating new supervisors to their role and policies and procedures.
- Identify, research, recommend, and facilitate training as needed in partnership with management.
- Research and draft Human Resources policies.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. HR certification(s) preferred.
- 5-7 years of HR experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State local labor laws and regulations affecting employment and compensation practices.
- Good collaborative skills as demonstrated by working with management of all levels, and ability to maintain positive relationships with others within the Human Resources department.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work under pressure while meeting strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information. Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to take initiative, be flexible, be self-directed, be motivated, and interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Although this position is based in Fort Washington, PA, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
"*" indicates required fields
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.