Field Technician III | Cranbury, NJ
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Field Technician III is responsible for performing energy efficiency tasks which may include installations, service and inspections, and/or conducting comprehensive energy audits and assessments to quantify energy consumption. This individual will recommend energy saving practices to customers while educating customers on their usage, installing energy-saving measures as determined by program or contract. This individual will maintain a safe working environment for CMC employees and customers at all times, providing a high level of customer service and education for each service or installation performed. This individual will also serve as a mentor to other Field Technicians.
- Conduct detailed audits, assessments or work orders assigned daily as scheduled according to the technical specifications of the program(s).
- Identify potential conservation measures, savings potential and recommend energy efficient technologies as appropriate.
- Provide customer with education sessions and recommendations on energy efficiency measures.
- Perform diagnostic testing, install program measures and perform minor repairs as appropriate by program.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Assist in job site set-up and clean-up. Treat customer property with the utmost respect, ensuring spaces are left in the same or better condition they were found.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during scheduled customer appointments.
- Communicate all existing and potential customer service issues to immediate supervisor in real time.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other installations or repairs as called for by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete health and safety walk-throughs as well as test-in and test-out procedures
- Assist with inventory management and vehicle maintenance requirements
- Ensure all completed work meets or exceeds program guidelines and specifications
- Install Weatherization program measures such as:
- Window and door weather stripping
- Door sweeps
- Aerosol foam sealant
- Interior and exterior caulking
- Rim joist insulation
- High/low temperature pipe insulation
- Duct mastic
- Duct insulation
- Fiberglass batt and cellulose insulation
- Eave chutes
- Damming heat producing fixtures
- Rigid board insulation
- Bath fan and dryer venting
- Attic hatch insulation
- Furnace filter
- Baseload measures
- Install or repair windows and doors
- Perform blower door and combustion safety testing
- Make minor structural repairs and carpentry work as required
Use hand tools or power tools in a prescribed, safe manner when installing materials and repairing structures
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Degree preferred or a combination of relevant experience and education necessary.
- Relevant industry certifications as required by program.
- 2-4 years’ construction or industry experience preferred.
- Professional energy efficiency training required.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Ability to safely access and work in constricted spaces
- Basic residential construction knowledge
- 2+ years of industry-related experience required
- Familiar with hand and power tools
- Safely operate company vehicle
- Ability to be trained on modeling software specific to program requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.