Field Technician II | Cranbury, NJ
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Field Technician II is responsible for installations, service and inspections and/or conducting energy audits and assessments to quantify energy consumption to establish baseline use and recommend energy saving practices and measures. This individual will also educate customers on their usage, install energy-saving/safety measures and recommend energy saving practices to customers. This individual will maintain a safe working environment for CMC employees and customers at all times, providing a high level of customer service and education for each service or installation performed.
- Conduct detailed audits, assessments or work orders assigned daily as scheduled according to the technical specifications of the program(s).
- Identify potential conservation measures, savings potential and recommend energy efficient technologies as appropriate.
- Provide customer with education sessions and recommendations on energy efficiency measures.
- Perform diagnostic testing, install program measures and perform minor repairs as appropriate by program.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Assist in job site set-up and clean-up. Treat customer property with the utmost respect, ensuring spaces are left in the same or better condition they were found.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during scheduled customer appointments.
- Communicate all existing and potential customer service issues to immediate supervisor in real time.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Install Weatherization program measures such as:
- Window and door weather stripping.
- Aerosol foam sealant.
- Door sweeps.
- Window and door caulking.
- Rim joist insulation.
- Water heater insulation jacket.
- Water heater pipe insulation.
- Furnace filter.
- Space heating pipe and duct insulation.
- Basement under porch wall.
- Incidental repairs.
- Blower door guided air sealing.
- Knee wall.
- Attic hatch insulation.
- Blown and batt insulation.
- Perform blower door and combustion efficiency testing.
- Install or repair windows and/or doors.
- Make minor structural repairs and carpentry work as required.
- Use hand tools or power tools in a prescribed, safe manner when installing materials and repairing structures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to crawl through and work in constricted spaces.
- Basic knowledge of the construction of residential dwellings and housing types.
- Relevant industry certifications as required by program.
- 1-3 years’ construction or industry experience preferred.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.