Field Technician II | Long Island, NY
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Field Technician II is responsible for installations, service and inspections and/or conducting energy audits and assessments to quantify energy consumption to establish baseline use and recommend energy saving practices and measures. This individual will also educate customers on their usage, install energy-saving/safety measures and recommend energy saving practices to customers. This individual will maintain a safe working environment for its employees and customers at all times, providing a high level of customer service and education for each service or installation performed.
- Conduct detailed audits, assessments or work orders assigned daily as scheduled according to the technical specifications of the program(s).
- Identify potential conservation measures, savings potential and recommend energy efficient technologies as appropriate.
- Provide customer with education sessions and recommendations on energy efficiency measures.
- Perform diagnostic testing, install program measures and perform minor repairs as appropriate by program.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Assist in job site set-up and clean-up. Treat customer property with the utmost respect, ensuring spaces are left in the same or better condition they were found.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during scheduled customer appointments.
- Communicate all existing and potential customer service issues to immediate supervisor in real time.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications as required by program.
- 1-3 years’ construction or industry experience preferred.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment, operating a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment.
- Heavy work: ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or poor ventilation.
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
- Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.