Field Operations Supervisor | Cranbury, NJ
The Field Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing and supervising the activities of the Field staff. This individual is available to respond to questions throughout the day, to ensure production goals are achieved and work performed is in compliance with CMC, client and utility program procedures and guidelines. This individual will direct and coordinate field programs to ensure maximum productivity, energy savings, quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program and company organizational goals. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Provide mentorship and ongoing trainings for technicians, including team meetings as scheduled by program and address issues and/or concerns.
- Establish and implement operational, production and energy saving goals for the team. Make recommendations to improve work performance.
- Responsible for the management of inventory materials as required by location, ensuring staff are properly equipped to complete work in a timely manner. Responsible for the maintenance and storage of company equipment, vehicles and materials as required by location.
- Perform site-visits, audits and inspections as needed and ensure all work is performed in accordance with company and program guidelines.
- Responsible for dispute resolution of customer concerns both on-site and remotely while maintaining same or next day business turn around.
- Act on-site to bring substandard measures and installations up to program standards when possible. Install program measures when needed.
- Assess work orders to assign crews appropriately to maximize team utilization and collaborate with the Customer Care Department to coordinate schedules and to verify jobs are completed timely.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate records, photos and proper documentation of all field operation activities including recording and reporting metrics department wide as needed. Monitor and respond to inspection results in the program database as required by location.
- Maintain relationships with utility representatives and third-party inspectors for field inspections. When necessary, accompany third-party inspectors on on-site visits and mentoring sessions.
- Serve as liaison between audit field staff, quality control department, and customer care center staff.
- Stay current with industry trends and standards.
- Disseminate and implement program changes as they occur.
- Reinforce customer energy education on-site and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested.
- Conduct research and analysis of field staff data for use in metric compilation as requested by management.
- Support safety programs and regulations implemented company wide.
- Support and implement technical advancements in the field as they become available.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- S. Diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ prior supervisory experience preferred.
- 2-4 years’ energy industry experience preferred.
- BPI Analyst as required by location and client guidelines. Quality Control Inspector certification as needed by program or client guideline.
- Other certifications may be required by utility.
- Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills necessary.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary. Able to anticipate and prepare in advance for work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Although this position is based in one office, travel to other offices may be occasionally required.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Strong computer skills and an aptitude for learning new computer systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Medium work: ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
At CMC Energy, we are passionate about our vision of A more livable and sustainable planet for all. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money and to make the buildings we live and work in more comfortable and more efficient.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about our story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
"*" indicates required fields
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.