Event Manager | Greater Albany, NY area
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Event Manager will conduct community events in several utility service territories. The events are targeted to low and moderate-income residents. This individual will create events that will improve energy affordability and increase access to clean energy solutions for low to moderate-income customers.
- In conjunction with CMC Marketing staff, develop overall themes and logistical plans for all events, including potential community partners, timelines, and resource needs.
- Support the CMC Marketing team, who will be responsible for developing all creative materials and advertisements for the events and approval of all marketing and outreach plans.
- Meet with community partners and stakeholders to secure exhibitors, sponsorships, request in-kind donations, and to develop marketing partnerships. Log all information and track stakeholder interactions into a contact management system (CRM).
- Organize logistics for events including: site selection, speakers, stakeholder outreach, event décor, entertainment, food and distribution of marketing materials.
- Order all materials needed for events, including giveaways, décor, tables, on-site power, AV equipment, etc.
- Coordinate event staffing. Event Manager will be supported by CMC staff for set-up and staffing on day of event.
- Create monthly progress reports by utility.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in event coordination and management.
- 2+ years marketing and communications experience with strong emphasis on originality and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience conducting community or stakeholder outreach.
- Strong, demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience working with low to moderate-income populations or energy efficiency stakeholders a plus.
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.