Engineer | Chicago, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Engineer is primarily responsible for providing expert technical support to customers and trade allies. The Engineer will provide energy advice and coordination services for the energy efficiency programs; these services include: building maintenance, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for energy efficiency and comfort. This is a client-facing role in which you will interact with and provide customers with advice and recommendations on the solutions that best suit their needs.
- Work with business and building owners, developers, architects, engineers and contractors to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating energy efficiency or energy conservation programs
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency in buildings under design and construction; provide follow-up as required to the customers.
- Participate in QA/QC and internal audit activities.
- Analyze building utility bills to determine energy usage trends.
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to;
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets.
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits.
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion.
- Ability to promote, sell and influence property managers, owners and maintenance staff to install energy efficiency measures in multifamily dwellings.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations.
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a facility (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help build a business case to prioritize recommendations and how they affect savings and first cost.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with other Energy Advisors/Energy Engineers as required to maximize technical support to the client base.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Keeping current on the latest energy-saving technology and how we might incorporate them into our products.
- Collaborating with other Energy Advisors and Energy Engineers to maximize client technical support.
- Serve as a technical resource for Energy Advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 1-3 years engineering experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- Certified Energy Manager and LEED credentials preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-starter, organized and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Construction and/or contractor management, estimating experience, and energy efficiency measure evaluation/installation background a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Intermediate Excel and Outlook skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.