Energy Engineer | Chicago, IL
The Energy Engineer is primarily responsible for providing expert technical support to customers, and potentially service providers in the assessment and evaluation of the energy saving potential related to proposed or actual equipment upgrades and new energy efficient installations. This individual will provide energy advice and coordination services for the energy efficiency programs; these services include: building automation, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, process technologies and new construction building envelope solutions. This is a client-facing role that will interact with and provide customers with advice and recommendations on the solutions that best suit their needs. This individual may also assess the energy saving potential for assessments completed by other program engineers and service providers.
- Work with business and building owners, developers, architects, engineers and contractors to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance to encourage participation in energy efficiency or energy conservation programs.
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency in buildings and equipment retrofits, and new construction; provide follow-up as required to the customers.
- Participate in QA/QC and internal audit activities.
- Analyze building equipment, operating and production schedules, facility occupancy, tenant profiles, degree days, and other factors that may affect energy usage trends and utility bills.
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to;
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets.
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits.
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion.
- Ability to promote, sell and influence property managers, owners and maintenance staff to install energy efficiency measures in commercial, industrial, government facilities, and multifamily dwellings.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations to customers, clients and internal staff.
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a facility including lighting, HVAC, controls, hot water systems, process technologies, building envelope and integrated design, to help build a business case to prioritize retrofit and new construction recommendations, and to detail how they affect savings and first cost.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with other Energy Advisors as required to maximize technical support to the client base.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of engineering experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction or a combination of professional experience and education.
- Certified Energy Manager and LEED credentials preferred.
- Other certifications may be required by utility.
- Construction and/or contractor management, estimating experience, and energy efficiency measure evaluation/installation background a plus.
- Working knowledge of industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time. Flexibility to travel to client offices, exhibit spaces and team offices, including overnight, as required to interface with clients, the public, and internal program management teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Must be able to maneuver in tight spaces and complete facility walk-throughs.
- Ability to exert up to 60 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move material, exhibit items, and program support objects.
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about our story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.