Energy Auditor | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
This position conducts detailed energy audits and assessments to quantify energy consumption to establish baseline use and recommend energy saving practices and measures.
- Conduct detailed energy audits and assessments in addition to customer interviews and educational sessions.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish base lines for energy use. Identify need and prioritize energy saving practices and measures.
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results and recommendations for energy cost savings.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
- Inspect or evaluate buildings, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Perform blower door, carbon monoxide, comprehension combustion and appliance efficiency testing.
- Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances and selection of energy efficient appliances.
- Identify potential energy conservation measures, saving potential and recommend energy efficient technologies or alternate energy sources.
- Prepare energy assessment reports based on analytic findings with detailed specifications and cost savings analysis. Prepare job specifications sheets for home energy improvements such as attic insulation, window air sealing, and heating system upgrades.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and CMC safety procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in preparation of heating system upgrade and replacement specifications incorporating high efficiency including detail requirements for heating systems upgrades.
- Install weatherization program measures such as window and door weather stripping, door sweeps, window and door caulking, rim joist insulation, water heater insulation jacket, water heater pipe insulation and incidental repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. E High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BPI Building Analyst Certification preferred. BPI Envelope certification a plus. Other certifications may be required by Utility.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the energy industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of the construction of residential dwellings and housing types preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle required. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Medium work: ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or inadequate ventilation.
- Sufficient noise where the employee may need to shout.
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
- Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Interested candidates please submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.