Energy Advisor | Cranbury, NJ
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Energy Advisor is responsible for acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs by recommending specific energy modifications to commercial and industrial facilities. This individual will provide expert advice, technical expertise and coordination for the programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating industrial customers and contractors.
- Promote utility programs to commercial and industrial facilities within assigned territories, by providing technical support to utility’s industrial customers who are considering the installation of energy efficient
- Understand and implement program sales processes, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers, schedule and perform assessments and facilitate program
- Provide excellent customer service by helping customers through the utility process and engage in conversations regarding energy
- Work with customers to complete the program application and gather necessary documentation needed for
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward
- Coordinate and manage projects including contractors, permitting, and other items as necessary for each project to
- Perform on-site industrial grade energy assessments identifying cost-effective energy efficiency measures eligible for incentives and process through identified tools and databases to provide scopes of
- Develop impactful outreach tactics to assist in recruiting customers and trade
- Achieve assigned program goals, targets and
- Assist in forecasting and planning for future program goals and
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program
- Attend networking events, meetings, and seminars as
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety
- Perform other duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years in energy conservation, industrial consultative sales or a combination of professional experience and education.
- Working knowledge of industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast- paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer
- Medium work: ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or inadequate
- Sufficient noise where the employee may need to
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high
- Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.