Energy Advisor/Sales Support Specialist | Yalesville, CT
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Energy Advisor is responsible for acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs by recommending specific energy modifications to commercial and industrial facilities. This individual will provide expert advice, technical expertise and coordination for the programs.
In addition, this role will be responsible for working the deeper measure sales pipeline consisting of the development of deeper measure proposals which will ultimately be presented to clients in the Multi-Family and C&I programs leading to closed deals and implemented energy efficiency projects.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating industrial customers and contractors.
- Promote utility programs to commercial and industrial facilities within assigned territories, by providing technical support to utility’s industrial customers who are considering the installation of energy efficient equipment.
- Understand and implement program sales processes, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers, schedule and perform assessments and facilitate program presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service by helping customers through the utility process and engage in conversations regarding energy usage.
- Work with customers to complete the program application and gather necessary documentation needed for participation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion.
- Coordinate and manage projects including contractors, permitting, and other items as necessary for each project to completion.
- Perform on-site industrial grade energy assessments identifying cost-effective energy efficiency measures eligible for incentives and process through identified tools and databases to provide scopes of work.
- Develop impactful outreach tactics to assist in recruiting customers and trade allies.
- Achieve assigned program goals, targets and objectives.
- Assist in forecasting and planning for future program goals and objectives.
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager.
- Attend networking events, meetings, and seminars as requested.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with the Multi-Family Energy Advisor to build value with the client in deeper measure upgrades for Multi -Family and C&I programs.
- Ensure sub-contractor partners provide estimates in a timely manner to develop proposals.
- Become a subject matter expert in all deeper measure service areas.
- Assist the technical writer in ensuring the proposals are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with clients to conduct a needs assessment that will ultimately be used to overcome objections and close the deal.
- Manage proper client expectations throughout the deeper measure sales process.
- Compile closing sheet along with applicable financing option best suited to customer needs.
- Work with Multi-Family Supervisor to ensure project margins are cost-effective for all parties.
- Schedule client presentation to close the deeper measure deal and set proper expectations regarding next steps on project implementation.
- Work closely with Project Coordinator regarding customer expectations and planning logistics.
- Work cold leads regularly ensuring that CMC is serving the clients to give them the best opportunity to take advantage of the Multi-Family Initiative.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management.
- 3 Years of prior sales experience preferred
- Working knowledge of industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Medium work: ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or inadequate ventilation.
- Sufficient noise where the employee may need to shout.
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
- Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Interested candidates please submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.