Energy Advisor I | Southern, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services is seeking an experienced energy professional to conduct outreach to industrial customers in support of energy efficiency programs in the Southern, IL areas. The Energy Advisor I is responsible for acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs, with particular focus on working with contractors, the utility’s industrial customers and business organizations to build awareness and maximize participation in the programs. The selected candidate will provide expert advice and coordination for industrial systems optimization programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems.
This role combines field work with office time (typically 3 field days to 2 office days per week). The selected candidate will be working with colleagues who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating industrial customers and contractors.
- Provide direct technical support to utility’s industrial customers who are considering the installation of energy efficient equipment, such compressed air, process cooling, motors and drives and provide support as needed throughout the projects.
- Recruit, train, educate and develop affiliated contractors to identify projects qualifying for rebates and instruct them on how to submit a rebate application for qualifying products.
- Make outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets.
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility.
- Manage field time effectively with customer, contractor or Trade Ally visits.
- Develop and deliver program presentations to spur project activity.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts, opportunities and communications in CRM database.
- Calculate and review customer incentive payments.
- Monitor project progress, and ensure projects are moving to completion.
- Develop impactful outreach tactics to assist in recruiting customers and trade allies.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the industrial customer base.
- Achieve assigned program goals, targets and objectives.
- Assist in forecasting and planning for future program goals and objectives.
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager.
- Collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year.
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with strong communication skills.
- Industrial consultative sales experience preferred.
- 3 years professional experience in the energy sector or an engineering degree or concentration in energy technologies.
- Working knowledge of industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Must be flexible to handle a wide work variety and work at a fast pace.
- Strong data entry skills for tracking progress in tracking systems/databases.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- A working knowledge of mathematical concepts and financial metrics, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and return on investment is preferred.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.