Commercial and Industrial Manager | Chicago, IL
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The C&I Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing a team of Energy Advisors, Engineers and QA/QC Specialists in the assigned territory. This individual will also provide management assistance to the Director of Outreach in coordinating the efforts, providing site consultative services, and supplemental communications to Outreach personnel.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program and company organizational goals. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Manage a team consisting of Energy Advisors focused on acquiring participation in utility energy efficiency programs, Engineers focused on conducting industrial and large commercial facility assessments and reviewing submitted energy efficiency project applications and QA/QC Specialists responsible for conducting quality assurance on installed energy efficiency projects.
- Provide mentorship and ongoing trainings for staff. Conduct team meetings as required to provide updates, share best practices, address issues and/or concerns.
- Develop protocols and processes to support and strengthen the function of the teams.
- Provide oversight and support for project implementation, approve client deliverables, create client reports and progress-to-goal forecasts.
- Assist C&I Outreach teams by serving as the primary point of contact for select utility industrial customers and contractors.
- Provide expert advice, technical expertise and coordination for the programs, participate in lead generation support, and act as a liaison with cross-functional internal teams.
- Promote utility programs to select commercial and industrial facilities within assigned territories, by providing technical support to utility’s customers who are considering the installation of energy efficient equipment.
- Conduct site visits and program presentations to customers, service providers and channel partners as required to bolster engagement.
- Develop impactful outreach strategies and tactics to assist team in recruiting customers and trade allies.
- Attend networking events, meetings, and seminars as requested.
- Achieve assigned program goals, targets and objectives.
- Assist in forecasting and planning for future program goals and objectives.
- Identify growth opportunities for CMC in the assigned territory and surrounding areas.
- Manage supplied inventory materials and company issued equipment.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering, Business or environmental degree preferred.
- 4-6+ years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, process technologies, or conservation and energy management preferred.
- 4-6+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Strong management skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor.
- Working knowledge of commercial and industrial energy systems, utility demand side management programs, energy efficient technologies, or other commercial and industrial sales-related experience preferred.
- Consultative sales experience and relationship building skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, be detail-oriented and self-managed in a professional environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle.
- Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.