Business Development Account Executive | Greater Albany, NY Area
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Account Executive will be responsible for utility client relationship management and building a regional portfolio of viable growth options for the company through RFP channel tracking, partnering and creating and developing new business opportunities.
This individual will be responsible for the New England territory, reaching to NY, CT and MA. This position will require frequent travel and the use of a personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Establish new business opportunities for energy efficiency contracts with targeted utility or other energy services accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and consultative-selling techniques.
- Establish buying influences, budgets, RFP timing and scope and refine purchasing criteria for utility clients, both new and existing.
- Develop and maintain a regional sales opportunity pipeline; actively manage a prospect pipeline in the company’s CRM, updating status, projected budgets, probability of award, other key elements to ensure proper priority setting and management visibility.
- Utilize CMC resources (Business Development, Marketing, Operations) to build, develop and support CMC’s new client/new opportunity pipeline.
- Understand utility customer long-term strategic business needs, and increase level of CMC’s contacts within utility organizations to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Attend utility commission and other stakeholder meetings and advise management on current and future energy policy outlook.
- Effectively and continually advise clients and partners on CMC’s service offerings.
- Participate at regional and national energy conferences. Conduct trade group presentations and represent company in the broader energy efficiency industry.
- Meet targeted client contact and energy industry activity goals as determined by Business Development Director
- Participate in the regional forecasting process and be accountable to the accuracy of contract renewals and RFP timing.
- Ensures a seamless transition of client/contract responsibility to the operational team following a successful sales process.
- Provide regular reports on territory activity to Management. Maintain and present accurate/current information in customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent energy-related sales experience required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in energy sales or marketing required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to create and participate in the management of complex proposal documents.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and other presentation software.
- Able to maintain consistent customer follow up and manage multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, including the ability to prioritize and communicate resource needs internally.
- Energy efficiency, conservation, sustainability or utility industry experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to work independently. Up to 50% travel required within the covered territory.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.