Associate Program Manager | Fort Washington, PA
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
The Associate Program Manager will assist in meeting the goals and objectives as outlined in the work scope between CMC and the Client, while learning all aspects of managing the program. The Associate Program Manager will manage a team of energy professionals including energy auditors, energy advisors and/or weatherization technicians, and possibly partner companies (subcontractors), to provide implementation services for residential, multi-family and/or business customer energy efficiency programs.
- Work closely with management to effectively manage the program and develop an understanding of the processes and procedures that drive the program. Including executing strategies to meet or exceed client goals.
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with stated program guidelines, while maintaining same or next day business turn around for the resolution of customer issues.
- Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Ensure that customer issues are handled properly, resolved promptly and well documented.
- Assist in development of budget proposals, production goals and the performance management of the program.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external reports, analysis and invoicing.
- Maintain records and track program performance against CMC and client goals for financial performance, energy savings and cost-effectiveness. Factor these goals into daily decision-making.
- Work with internal and external resources to identify and address quality control issues, both in the field and in the office.
- Provide oversight and coaching for field staff, both in-house and on the street, to maintain or improve the quality of their work while meeting program goals for savings, cost-effectiveness and customer satisfaction. The job will include field time.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program and company organizational goals. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Serve as primary point of contact for field staff and subcontractors, including review of audits and work orders, assignment of work to subcontractors, and monitoring of subcontractor performance.
- Build business relationships across the organization that garner respect and assist in fulfilling program needs.
- Meet kWh savings, demand and spend targets for the Residential Portfolio to include Residential Single Family and Income-Eligible carve out
- Manage relationships with PECO ACT 129 external partners
- Primary point of contact for 3rd party evaluator for data requests and reporting
- Ensure high realization rates for all measures installed through close monitoring of the program’s processes
- Manage cost/kWh acquisition costs for every aspect of the portfolio of programs
- Participate in industry conferences and knowledge sharing events, promoting the utility brand, the company and the program in a positive and meaningful way
- Meet all contracted key performance indicators (KPIs) for PECO Single Family Income Eligible including data delivery and quality, customer service resolution, customer satisfaction, process compliance and program targets
- Participate in community, stakeholder or utility sponsored events as directed by the utility or by Manager
- Research best practices and prepare innovative approaches for RFP response and contract defense
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a related field.
- 3-5 years’ prior supervisory experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ energy industry experience preferred.
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications preferred.
- Other certifications may be required by program and client guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of building science techniques to conserve energy and water. Hands-on experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, analyze, manage time, set priorities, make decisions, manage conflict, resolve disputes, and work constructively as part of a team.
- Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to travel >25% of time.
- Valid driver’s license required and use of personal vehicle may be necessary per location. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficiency in the use of desktop and mobile computing devices and business applications, primarily Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word and Access. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced understanding of analytical approaches and forecasting using Excel or other software
- Advanced degree in business, sustainability, marketing or related discipline preferred
- Familiarity and/or experience with income
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.