Assistant Technician | Yatesville, CT
CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
Working with a Lead Technician, the Assistant Technician will inspect the space from attic to basement to determine if heat loss areas can be weatherized appropriately. This individual will also perform many energy efficiency tasks using appropriate equipment to reduce heat loss. Energy saving measures that are also included are: installation of energy efficient light bulbs and water saving items.
- Assist with conducting detailed energy audit and assessments in addition to educating customers about energy efficiency.
- Assist with blower door, duct-blasting, CAZ and other diagnostic testing as appropriate.
- Contribute to meeting the energy savings goals for the team.
- Assist in maintaining the van and its contents in satisfactory condition. Replenish inventory as needed.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Identify potential energy conservation measures savings potential and recommend energy efficient technologies as appropriate.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Install weatherization program measures such as: door sweeps, window and door weatherstripping, caulking, pipe insulation, etc.
- Drive Company vans to and from appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years’ experience in energy field preferred.
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications preferred.
- HES, DOE certifications a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and vehicle.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
Physical Requirements (The physical demands of the job)
- Physically active position which includes climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment, operating a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment.
- Light work: ability to exert in excess of 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. This may or may not include extreme cold temperatures below 32 degrees and extreme heat above 100 degrees.
- Atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, gases or poor ventilation.
- Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to chemicals, exposure to oscillating movements and working in high places.
- Frequent close quarters such as crawl spaces, shafts, small rooms, narrow aisles or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.